Saturday, July 3, 2010

Mimi the Shepherd

If you're like me, you have your favorite New Orleans restaurant that no one knows about. You want to tell others, but you're afraid if you do it'll become trendy and no longer your own.

That's how I feel about Mimi, a three-year-old 45 pound Shepherd. For two years she has been waiting for a home of her own, and mostly that is my fault. She is such a delight, filling a special role in our pack, that I have been reluctant to let her go. Terrible, but what can I say!

There are several things that make Mimi unique. First, she has a natural nurturing spirit that makes me think she has some Australian Shepherd in her. When we have litters of puppies, she steps in and fills the momma role, tending to them and teaching them the ropes. I've never had another dog do this and it amazes me.

Mimi is also very smart, as you would expect in a shepherd, but knows how to work it too. If she doesn't want to do something, she flips onto her back and gives me a sideways look and a smile. I'm not kidding! She loves kids and other dogs and shows this by wagging her tail in a circle, not side to side. Absolutely adorable!

Well behaved and housetrained, Mimi is also a looker. She has this beautiful red-tinged coat with black highlights that just make her eyes jump out at you. Don't look~ she'll melt your heart!


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Madalin! I found MiMi on petfinder & emailed you through their website, did you get it? We are very interested in this pretty girl! Please call me (seven five seven) three five zero-five one three zero....hoping to avoid spammers posting my number that wasy :)
    Blessings,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete